Web site analytics provide the feedback that you need to effectively manage your web site. Whenever someone visits your web site, information about that visit are recorded in your server's log files. The information that is recorded can tell you something about the behavior of visitors to your web site.
Some information that web site owners find useful is:
- how many visitors see my site each month?
- do most of my visitors find the site in a search engine?
- what search engine is sending the most traffic to my web site?
- what keywords are most visitors searching with?
- how many pages does the average visitor view when they visit?
- are any pages in the site stagnant?